Freelance Floral Designer
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are a growing, fresh + fun floral design company based in Waterford, Connecticut and we are looking for freelance florists to join our powerhouse team. We focus on weddings, creativity and the latest in flower designs. This is not your average flower shop- a retail background is not required but floral design experience is a must.
- Three years of custom wedding floral design experience.
- Detailed knowledge of the product, including flowers + plants, their conditioning + care. Knowledge of seasonality/availability a must, also must know floral maintenance and timing florals for optimal enjoyment.
- Ability to work effectively + sometimes independently.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Self-motivated, friendly disposition and enthusiastic. The position requires the ability to keep a great attitude, cool head + sense of joy- sometimes days can be physically long.
- Organized, works efficiently + at a good steady pace.
- Must exhibit appropriate cellphone manners.
- Drivers license, non-smoking and ability to lift 50 lbs.
- You may create arrangements on site pending event requirements.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Will be assisting and/or designing small and large arrangements, centerpieces, boutonnière’s, corsages, flower crowns, aisle enhancements, wedding ceremony pieces, bouquets, etc.
- Position will be based in Waterford, CT. May need to accompany deliveries + set-up, pending the needs required for the event.
- Part-time position. Serious candidates will receive specific dates.
Our style is natural, organic, whimsical + the field to hand look. Humble yet absolutely beautiful. Please submit a cover letter, resume + portfolio to [email protected]